Hi! My name is Fiona Higgs and I am the owner of Move Well Clinic. I am here to help you be free of pain and injury issues.
In the clinic I can offer you an initial assessment – this allows me to investigate the cause of your pain and injury. I use this information to provide you with an individually tailored treatment programme. The treatments I offer usually combine a range of therapeutic methods – including soft tissue therapy – such as sports massage, joint mobilisations, as well as exercise prescription.
- shoulder movement restrictions
- upper and lower backache
- neck pain/stiffness
- hip, knee and/or ankle pain
- joint soreness/stiffness
- elbow and wrist problems
- muscle tension
My clinical training and research experience has equipped me with the skills and knowledge to assess and treat symptoms using the most up-to-date evidence-informed techniques. I aim to reduce pain symptoms and improve quality of movement for all my clients.
- Level 5 Diploma in Remedial and Exercise Therapy, due 2019 at Movement Therapy Clinics in Harbourne, Birmingham.
- Ph.D. Exercise Science, 2014 at Aberystwyth University in Wales.
- M.Phil in Exercise Psychology , 2012 at Aberystwyth University
- Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy, 2009 at Birmingham Metropolitan College (then Matthew Boulton College Birmingham)
- B.Sc. (Hons) 2:1 in Sport and Exercise Science, 2008 at University of Wales, Aberystwyth.
Fiona is a published author in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research (article linked here), and has presented my research findings at various international conferences, including the International Society of Biomechanics Congress 2011 in Brussels, Belgium (poster linked here). Her research interests are in the field of postural stability instruction and neuromuscular facilitation, particularly in older adults for the purpose of falls prevention.
Insurance and affiliations:
If you wish to make a booking for an appointment please follow this link: